Attendant Care General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for either the Attendant Care Act 150 Program or the Attendant Care Waiver, individuals must:
- Be at least 18 years of age but less than 60 years of age.
- Be mentally alert and capable of:
- Selecting, supervising and, if needed, firing an attendant
- Managing one's own financial affairs
- Managing one's own legal affairs
- Experience any medically determinable physical impairment that can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than 12 months or that may result in death.
- Due to physical impairment(s), require assistance to complete functions of daily living, self-care and mobility.
- Be a citizen of the United States or immigrant lawfully admitted for permanent residence.
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania.
Additional requirements to participate in the Attendant Care Medicaid Waiver:
- Individuals must require nursing home care facility level of care for a period of 12 months or longer.
- Possess income and resources within limits established in the Medicaid Waiver for Attendant Care Services.
Additional requirements to participate in the Attendant Care Act 150 Program:
- While most consumers do not pay into the Attendant Care Act 150 Program, individuals with higher income may be assessed a minimal co-payment. This co-payment is based on the consumer’s income and will never be more than the total cost of services.
To begin the eligibility/enrollment process, please contact the PA Independent Enrollment Broker:
Toll free helpline: 877.550.4227
Toll free TTY line: 877.824.9346
Fax number: 717.540.6201
Address (for the central office in Harrisburg):
PA Independent Enrollment Broker
6385 Flank Drive, Suite 400
Harrisburg, PA 17112-4603