Adult Autism Waiver (AAW)
The Adult Autism Waiver (AAW) is a 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waiver designed to provide long-term services and supports for community living, tailored to the specific needs of adults age 21 or older with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The program is designed to help adults with ASD participate in their communities in the way they want to, based upon their identified needs.
This document contains the current Adult Autism Waiver, effective July 1, 2016.
The Bureau of Autism Services made a proposed amendment to the AAW, which was available for public review and comment from March 4, 2017- April 3, 2017.
This information was also posted in the Pennsylvania Bulletin, Volume 47, Number 9 published on Saturday, March 4, 2017 at: http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol47/index.html
This document contains the side by side comparison of proposed changes in the amendment of the Adult Autism Waiver.
This document contains the full waiver with proposed changes incorporated.
HCBS Final Rule
This waiver includes the waiver specific transition plan based on public comment. This transition plan and all of the documents submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regarding the HCBS Final Rule can be found at Office of Developmental Programs Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Final Rule.
CURRENT ADULT AUTISM WAIVER INFORMATION
- Be age 21 or older
- Have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Meet Functional Eligibility
- Must have substantial functional limitations in three or more of the major life activities: self-care; understanding and use of receptive and expressive language; learning; mobility; self-direction; capacity for independent living
- Meet Level of Care (LOC) guideline
- Meet the income and resource limits for Medical Assistance
- Financial eligibility is based on 300% of the Federal Benefit Rate
- Assistive Technology
- Career Planning
- Job Finding
- Vocational Assessment
- Community Transition Service
- Day Habilitation
- Environmental Modifications
- Family Support
- Home Modifications
- Nutritional Consultation
- Residential Habilitation
- Specialized Skill Development
- Behavioral Specialist Services
- Community Support
- Systematic Skill Building
- Supported Employment
- Extended Employment Supports
- Intensive Job Coaching
- Supports Coordination
- Temporary Supplemental Services
- Therapies (Occupational, Speech and Language, Counseling)
- Transitional Work Services
- Vehicle Modifications
Note: For additional information about the Adult Autism Waiver, click here.