School-Based ACCESS Program
Local Education Agencies (LEA) must first be enrolled as a provider in the Medical Assistance (MA) program through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) in order to participate in the School-Based ACCESS Program (SBAP). Provider Type (PT) 35 - Public School is the MA enrollment applicable for participating in the SBAP.
LEAs Eligible to Enroll as MA Providers
- School Districts
- Charter Schools
- Intermediate Units
- Vocational-Technical Schools
- Preschool Early Intervention Programs
- Direct Services and Special Transportation Claiming
- Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC)
- Random Moment Time Studies (RMTS)
- Annual Cost Reconciliation and Settlement
Allowable Health-Related Services
DHS utilizes third-party contractors to help administer the SBAP statewide and assist participating LEAs.