School-Based ACCESS Program
Local education agencies must first be enrolled as a provider in the Medical Assistance program through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services in order to participate in the School-Based ACCESS Program, also known as SBAP.
Provider Type (PT) 35 - Public School is the Medical Assistance enrollment applicable for participating in the SBAP.
Local education acencies eligible to enroll
Direct services and special transportation claiming
Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC)
Random Moment Time Studies (RMTS)
- Annual cost reconciliation and settlement
Allowable health-related services
Assistive technology devices
Nurse practitioner services
Occupational therapy services
Orientation, mobility and vision services
Personal care services
Physical therapy services
Social work services
Special transportation services
Speech and language services
Fiscal Year 2018-19 SBAP Statewide Training Sessions
- Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018 – IU 19, 1200 Line St., Archbald, PA 18403
- Wednesday, Sept. 26, 2018 – IU 17, 2400 Reach Road, Williamsport, PA 17701
- Monday, Oct. 1, 2018 – IU 6, 270 Mayfield Road, Clarion, PA 16214
- Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018 – IU 5, 252 Waterford St., Edinboro, PA 16412
- Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018 – Pittsburgh PaTTAN, 3190 William Pitt Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018 – Harrisburg PaTTAN, 6340 Flank Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17112
- Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2018 – PaTTAN East, 333 Technology Drive, Malvern, PA 19355*
- Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018 – PaTTAN East, 333 Technology Drive, Malvern, PA 19355*
Due to capacity, two training dates will be offered at PaTTAN East. Participation is strongly encouraged to ensure your local education agency has the latest SBAP information, so save these dates on your calendars. Registration will be required for all SBAP statewide trainings.
FY 2018-19 SBAP Statewide Training Sessions
DHS utilizes third-party contractors to help administer the SBAP statewide and assist participating education agencies.