Human Services Licensing
This is a resource page containing guidance for agencies that are licensed by DHS.
If you are looking for information about specific providers or their inspection results please visit the
Human Services Provider Directory
Click on a category below to view forms, regulations, interpretations, policies and more.
- On July 15, 2019, DHS issued a bulletin (“Timeframes for Issuance of Licensing Inspection Summary, Plan of Correction, and Verification”) that provides guidance effective Oct. 1, 2019. This guidance provides consistent target timelines for steps in the licensing process, including issuing licensing inspection summaries and receiving, reviewing, and approving plans of correction, as well as direction to licensed entities on how the department will verify plans of correction.
Licensed providers play a critical role in providing services to individuals with varying needs and in different settings across the commonwealth. Through this guidance and the upcoming training for providers on developing a plan of correction, we are not only trying to assure consistency, but also assure that all plan of corrections are timely implemented to achieve ongoing and independent regulatory compliance, which is necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of those served by a provider.
- To read a copy of the bulletin,click here
- If you have not yet signed up for a plan to correction training webinar, you can sign up here
- The Spring schedule is now available for the free training programs for Personal Care and Assisted Living Administrators provided by Northampton Community College. Links to for these trainings can be found under the Personal Care Home Licensing and Assisted Living Residence Licensing tabs under “Training Information”, or you can visit the College’s website at www.northampton.edu/pcha and click on the link: View descriptions and course registration information for currently available classes. If you have any questions, please call the college at 1-877-543-0998.
- New Free training programs for Personal Care and Assisted Living Administrators provided by Temple University. The training sessions are titled: “Introduction to Motivational Interviewing” and “Person Centered Assessments and Support Plans”. Links to for these trainings can be found under the Personal Care Home Licensing and Assisted Living Residence Licensing tabs or you can visit the Institute’s website at noncredit.temple.edu/ips/pcha to register for the training sessions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com, or call the institute at 215-204-4866 if you need technical assistance with registering.
View Archived News